Saturday, August 21, 2010

Home Sweet Home


Here are the kids 5 minutes after Roberto got home.

Okay so the 20 hours on the return trip was a little overwhelming but we're finally home. Thanks to all of you who said a little prayer for us. I had help at every airport I was in. MJ really missed Roberto. We stayed at my parents one night before driving home and MJ said, "I go home. Papi" It was the saddest and sweetest thing I'd heard in a long time. She was up and roaring to go home the next day.

We got home before Roberto got off of work. You should have heard it when he came in through the door. The kids went nuts. Even Gus. Every time Roberto would step out of the room Gus would start crying until Roberto came back. We all missed him. But we're happy to be home.

I've been trying out the Peruvian recipes on my family. I made Pasta Verde. (Guess what Mom, you don't have to order it at the restaurant any more. I got ya covered!)Tomorrow is the big one Arroz con Pollo. It may be horrible but give me a few hundred times to practice and I might get it right. Wish me luck Juana, Patti and Carmen!

1 comment:

Becky said...

Welcome home beautiful lady!!! I am so glad you had such a great time and that you got home safe!!!!!
I love you tons and tons!
Dinner looked great! I want to hear more about your cooking adventures to come!